Day 2- 31 Days of Halloween

Happy Monday! Thanks for joining me once again for 31 Days of Halloween. Did you get to visit all the Wicked Blogs yesterday? I'm on my way over now to hop through all the eye candy on display by our Wicked Bloggers, so I'll keep this post (fairly) short.

If you need a refresher on the rules for 31 Days- wanna know how you can be entered to win a free handmade journal from me?- then please visit this post. You'll find all the info you need.

As I mentioned yesterday, most of my projects this month will be me exploring in the journal I featured yesterday. Although, I already find my mind wandering to other projects, so we'll see how long that stands. Either way, you'll have plenty to see from me this month. But for now, I do have a page to share with you for my Day 2. It's somewhat simple, as I'm still getting used to working more in 2-D rather than using all of my favorite three-dimensional mediums. Believe it or not, this is the first journal I am actually filling with ART, so the process is still new.


I started with a skull image that I love, from the Sedlec Ossuary in the Czech Republic. Using the colors from the image, I put my paint base down and layered. I attached the image with my beloved joint compound to add a little bit of texture, and then continued with the paint layers. After painting in the flowers, I finished by adding a portion of a poem called "And Death Shall Have No Dominion" by Dylan Thomas. I thought it was fitting with the theme and coloring of the page, as well as the overall concept of this season.

Here are some closeups and a view of the book.




I hope you enjoy this page, and would love to hear what you think about it. Don't forget to leave your comments on all the Wicked Blogs if you are participating as a Horrifying Hopper this month, and have a blast checking out today's featured projects! As always, you can find the blog roll in my sidebar or in the rules post previously mentioned. Until tomorrow, happy arting!

Comments

  1. Gorgeous page. Can't beat a bit of Dylan. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page... love the image and layers with the flowers!!!! Perfect for the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creepy and cool all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome. I love the poem written in white in the background on the deep rich colors! Very cool page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page. The addition of the poem is an excellent finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic...love all the colour and detail!

    Val (LeighSBDeigner DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is soo cool, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so cool! there is a lot to see and a lot going on and it all works just perfectly! it really captures the spirit of Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment