Day 11- 31 Days of Halloween

Hello again hoppers! It's day 11 and the middle of the week (already)! I have a cute little project to share with you today, but first I'd like to let you know that starting tomorrow, I will be working at a new job. I'll be part of the staff at Arts & Glass, an interactive art studio that focuses on pottery painting and glass fusion. They host a variety of awesome kid and adult workshops as well, and hopefully soon I will be able to utilize my skills to help teach some project based art classes! I'm very excited for this new adventure. I'll be working, hopefully, every day. This means 31 Days is going to be difficult to complete (as if it isn't already).

But, I will be trying my darndest to keep up and for now I have some projects saved up for you. Today's project is a simple little witchy charm. Do you remember the brooms that I shared with you a few days ago? I pointed out a small hand broom that was somewhat lacking in decoration. I decided to remedy that.





My goal was to keep it simple and a little magical. I used a pre-made silver bezel and filled it with resin that I colored yellow. Then I layered purple and silver glittery enamel over the resin. Before it dried completely, I popped on this cute little witch hat charm. To tie the pendant to the broom, I used strips of torn silver organza that I wrapped around the handle and shredded to blend with the broom straw.

Although the decoration is minimal, I think it's perfect because the broom is part of a larger collection. I hope you like it as much as I do.

And now it's time for you to hop on through the Wicked Blogs. I'll be sure to have my auto-post ready to go for tomorrow- fingers crossed that it works this time- and wish me luck on my new adventure! See you soon!

Comments

  1. Very cool charm! I love the colors and the bit of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your new job. I've been to the
    3rd degree glass factory in St. Louis, MO, and love
    to watch everybody made beautiful glass pieces.
    Your broom is so upper-class.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new job. It sounds like an amazing opportunity. I love this charm/bezel you created. Great colours and the sparkle adds magic. The silver organza looks like spider webs and is a fabulous addition. Thanks for the inspiration! Bonnie (LeighSBDesigns DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome little charm and is a super addition to them broom. The new job sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The charm is gorgeous! Have fun at your new job! Sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderfully magical colours! Fabulous creation! Good luck at your new job :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment