Smeared Ink Reunion Blog Hop

Well folks, it's been a while since I've "seen" you in the wide world of the interweb, and I'm happy you're here! I've taken quite a bit of time off from creating art to deal with changes in my life, and am now finally hearing the call of my long-lost (packed up) art supplies, and yearning to create once again! And what better way to welcome back a renewed sense of mojo and inspiration than with all of our dear friends from Smeared Ink and Smeared and Smudged.

Although Smeared Ink is no longer a part of mine and Tori's lives, we were overcome with nostalgia for our small contribution to the rubber stamping world, and decided to host this reunion blog hop. We've got fabulous players in the blog roll, and I'm shivering in anticipation of what they are going to share today.

To play along in today's reunion hop, bloggers were asked to pull out and dust off their favorite Smeared Ink stamp sets to create something new. The projects must use at least 1 Smeared Ink stamp image, and bloggers are allowed to use anything else they like, create whatever type of project they want, and even share past SI projects alongside their new one if they wish. I definitely can't wait to hop, and hope you enjoy everything presented today!

For my project, I pulled out an image from our Fringe rubber stamp set and, of course, made a book. Surprisingly, this project came together quickly because I had a very precise idea of what I wanted it to look like, and what materials I wanted to utilize. I used three of my favorite mediums: plaster, paint, and encaustic wax, to create the background on a simple burlap journal.

After stamping  and coloring my Fringe image with silver and gold pen, I layered it, and words, onto the journal with more wax and some resin. The flower pods were in my stash from a while back; I had previously covered them with resin to be saved and used in a perfect future project. These were added with more wax. Finally, I created my chain and metal hang and attached it to the inside of the journal.








 I genuinely hope you enjoy this project, as it brought up a lot of grateful and appreciative feelings as I thought about the years spent with Smeared Ink and Smeared & Smudged. I'll be creating more this summer, and had such an awesome time with this one, that I am going to to take the plunge and invite all of you to join me once again for 31 Days of Halloween 2017. I'll be hosting it here on my blog, and if you'd like to see the info for it or sign up to participate, please check out this post.

For now, it's time for you to hop along and check out the reunion! See you soon!


SMEARED INK REUNION BLOG ROLL

Comments